Chats with people who deal with ASD and ADHD. I talk to those in the profession like therapist or even chats with mothers who have kids on the spectrum. Just honest chats with questions thrown in. Where two people can sit and share thoughts on the spectrum Come join us we I talk with people from all over the ASD and ADHD field.
Friday Mar 03, 2023
Friday Mar 03, 2023
Welcome to the show. In todays episode I talk with Michelle Markman about everything from bullying to inclusivity to finding your inner child and being happy again.
In this day an age, as we grow older we let go of our youngerself as we enter the world. We forget what it is like to have fun again. We get frowned on when we play a game we like, because were older. Were told people our age shouldn't be playing games.
Why should we recoonect with our inner child:
- Reconnecting with our inner child and embracing neurodiversity can help us tap into our innate creativity, curiosity, and empathy, and rediscover the joys and passions we may have lost along the way.
- By embracing our unique strengths and differences, we can cultivate a deeper sense of self-acceptance, self-esteem, and belonging, and learn to appreciate and celebrate the diversity of others.
- Additionally, by promoting autism inclusivity and neurodiversity in our communities, we can create more supportive and empowering environments for people with autism and other neurodivergent conditions, and foster a culture of kindness, respect, and empathy that can facilitate authentic connections and friendships.
We talk a little about bullying and Michelle has two differernt ways of dealing with bullies.
- Either ignore them
- Say "So What"
These are two great things to do. This is because you're not giving the satisfaction of a response or saying "So What" just means you don't care enough.
We talk about how to make friends, one of the most important things she says to do is join a club, of your interest, this way you have so many people with the same interest.
Here are some ways to help you make friends
- Reflect on your values, interests, and passions, and try to find communities and social activities that align with them. This can help you connect with others who share your worldview and experiences, and facilitate more meaningful conversations and interactions.
- When interacting with others, try to focus on listening actively, showing empathy, and being non-judgmental. This can help create a safe and welcoming space for both yourself and others, and foster a sense of mutual understanding and respect.
This can help you when you want to make friends with people.
You can find out more about Michelle at her website https://michellemarkman.com/
See you in the next one and remember
We are different, not less.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.